♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion Review
Friday 8 January 2016 | 0 comments
Hey cutie!

So I'm back a year later with another cushion review.  This time, I'll be talking about Etude House's Precious Mineral Any Cushion.  I had two refills of this, and I'm just finishing my last one so I think I have a good idea of what I want to say in this review.







First, I want to say that the packaging is much bulkier in comparison to my Innisfree Water Glow Cushion.  If I can remember correctly, I've been told that Etude House cushions fit into other brands under Amore Pacfic such as IOPE, Hera, and so on.  Innisfree however, does not, and their sizes are different than other cushions.  If I had to choose, I do prefer the Innisfree compact better because it's a little slimmer and it's flat top allows you to stack it with other products with ease.  Etude House has a curved top which makes it impractical to store sometimes.

Second, let's compare the sponge.  I think the key to a good cushion is not only the formula but also the sponge.  Etude House's sponge is very airy and has a bit of a thickness to it which is ideal for cushions.  Innisfree's sponge is slightly less thick, but both sponge's texture are similar.  For this reason, I'll say Etude House wins this portion. 




I got this cushion in the shade W24 Honey Beige which is their darkest shade but I find it is super warm against my skin.  You can clearly see the difference in colour from the picture.  The texture of this cushion is a little thicker than the Innisfree Water Glow.  If you're tried the Precious Mineral BB Cream, it's the same product, just in a cushion form.  For both the BB cream and cushion version, I found it is heavier and a little cakey on my dry skin.  It has never been my favourite formula.




The coverage of the cushion is about a light-medium to buildable medium in my opinion.  It evened out my skin tone and reduced the redness of my cheeks and also brightened my face despite the yellowness of it. There is a slight perfume scent to it but it does not last on the face. I'd say this lasts about 4 hours into the day but anything after that will soon start to fade. The issue I have with this cushion is how cakey it tends to make my face look up close and it sometimes creases in my worry lines (I don't set my cushions with powder).  For this reason, I try to apply a thin layer upon application.



Overall, this is not my favourite cushion although I know a lot of people do enjoy it.  I much prefer my Innisfree Water Glow but this is a "slightly" (not by much) cheaper alternative.  If you have oily to combination skin, maybe this will work out much better for you.

Rating: ★★★☆☆  3/5


 

Labels: , , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST