♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Innisfree Water Glow Cushion Review
Thursday 15 January 2015 | 0 comments
Hey cuties,

I'm super excited to be doing this review right now! A little back story: my friend introduced me to her IOPE/Amore Pacific (I can't remember which one she has) cushion and raved about how cushion foundations are really great and handy.  I've heard about them from Youtube and Korean beauty blogs but never really paid too much attention to them until now.  This is my first cushion foundation and I wasn't too sure how I'd like it so I went with a cheaper alternative to the higher end Hera/IOPE/Amore Pacific route and got Innisfree! 

This is also my first Innisfree product and spoiler alert: I'm impressed!
I believe Innisfree's most famous cushion is their Long Wear Cushion (matte), however I went with the Water Glow (dewy) version because I have dry skin!

I haven't seen many reviews for this product so I hope you enjoy :)

Front

Back

Side 1

Side 2

Top

It comes in a paper packaging which feels like it's made from recycled paper.  On a design standpoint, I really like how they added icons on the side for some quick indications of some of the benefits of the product.  The only thing I found funny is that they printed their front cover sideways of everything else.

I got the colour #23 True Beige which is the darkest of the three available shades. One thing I noticed when I was researching this product was the colour swatches Innisfree gives you of each shade is totally misleading.  It looked like #23 would be really dark, tan, and yellow toned which was a huge worry for me since I wouldn't consider my skin to be all that dark, and I'm definitely more cool toned (yellow undertone but with a cool tone).  My friend who is much paler than I am, reassured me that the other two colors would be way too pale for me and to just go with the darkest shade and so I did.  More on that to come!


 The compact itself it very sleek and simple.  It fits nicely in the palm of my hand and isn't too thick or heavy to travel with.  This will be perfect on the days I'm over at my boyfriend's house and do not want to bring a whole bottle of foundation + brushes.

The back has all the specifications: name, colour, manufacture date, and product amount.  You get 15g of product per cushion and they are also refillable so you don't have to keep buying new compacts.  It has a 12 month expiry life but I'm pretty sure you'll need to buy a new refill after 2-3 months if you use it daily. 

The Water Glow cushion has SPF 50+ and PA+++ which I've found pretty standard for Korean BB/CC/foundation.


When you first open the compact, you'll find that it has a mirror and a sponge.  This might seem random but the first thing I noticed was how clear this mirror is.  I've never seen a mirror inside a makeup product so clear and sharp.  Even the mirror in my Naked 2 palette doesn't compare to this mirror and I find it super useful to use on the go. 

The sponge is really the star of the show.  This is the key to getting the perfect application of foundation on your skin.  The texture of the sponge isn't like any other sponge I've ever felt and although I've never felt the Beauty Blender before, I have a feeling they are made of the same material.  It's soft, airy, and the pores on it are super tiny so it doesn't absorb too much product. 

There's a plastic cover that keeps the cushion air tight and separates the sponge from the product to reduce bacteria.  If you're concerned about the sanitary factor of using a sponge, don't worry; you can wash these sponges.  There are a couple of helpful videos on Youtube showing you how to get them super clean and the best way I've found is using a bar soap.


 When you first open the compact, there's a film that seals the product which you remove before using.  I guess this is to show that it hasn't been tampered with.


To get the product, you have to press down into the cushion.  As you can see, the product itself is much lighter than the cushion itself which is very misleading when people are trying to choose shades!  Always keep in mind that Korean girls have super pale skin so all their foundations are in the lighter side of the spectrum.


When swatched on my hand, you can see the difference between my cool skin tone versus the warmer tone of the foundation.  It also has a light texture.  It's not quite watery but it's not too thick like say Skin79's purple BB cream which has a gel-like texture.

After I tapped/blended it out with the sponge, it blended into my skin quite nicely.  I was surprised to find that it was a good colour match for my face.  Although it is slightly warm toned, it neutralized my skin tone well and gave a brightening affect.

The coverage for this foundation is light to medium.  It's definitely build-able and gets better the more layers you apply.  I usually do an overall application and go back with a second layer on areas that need higher covers like around the nose and on my dark circles.

Overall I am very impressed by this product and I've been using it every day since I got it.  I got mine on eBay for around $26 CAD while the cheapest refill I've seen goes for $17-18.  This has been a very pleasant introduction of cushion foundations and I'm eagered to try other brands!

Rating: ★★★★★  5/5

xoxo.

Labels: , , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST