♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


The Lipstick Tag
Monday 10 August 2015 | 0 comments
 


I've been really into lipsticks lately so I thought doing this tag would be fun :)  My collection is only in it's baby stage of growing so I think it'll be fun to re-do this in a year or two from now!  There's apparently a blog version of this tag and a Youtube version.  I'm going to do both version's questions :)

How many lipsticks do you own?
30 but I lost one. (Not including liquid stains and glosses!)

What was your first ever lipstick?

I believe it's a wine coloured Lancome lipstick that belonged to my mom but she never used it. I took it and wore it maybe twice in my life.  I still remember the old lady scent it has, haha.

What is your favourite brand for lipstick?

Looking at my collection, I'd have to say Maybelline.  I don't own many high end lipsticks but when it comes to drugstore, Maybelline is always on point with their lipsticks.

What is your most worn lipstick?

Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs in Truffle Tease.  It's a really good brown nude on me which is so easy to throw on and goes with everything.

What is your favourite finish?

Matte!  I love matte lipsticks because they look so good on the lips and are easier to manage than glossy ones.  They don't tend to get everywhere like on your face and teeth.

What was the last lipstick you bought?
Milani Sangria.  It's a dupe or MAC's Rebel and I love it!

How many lip products do you currently have in your bag? (including glosses and balms)
I currently have 4 lip products in my backpack.  There use to be way more but I recently cleaned it out, phew.

What lipstick do your use to rock a red lip?
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 111 Kiss of Life.  It's such a good matte cool toned red that goes well with my skin tone.  I've gotten lots of compliments while wearing this shade!

How do you store your lipsticks?

I usually just throw them in a bunch of makeup bags that I have on my table which carry the rest of my makeup collection.  I don't have special containers or shelves to store my makeup though I'm starting to think I should.

What lip products are you currently lusting after?

Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick in Lolita and Lime Crime Velvatine in Cashmere (however I refuse to buy Lime Crime! I just want a dupe of the colour).

Favourite balm/treatment?
I have two because both together have helped my lips heal up super well.  Carmex and Blistex Lip Medex.

Best eye-catching red?
Probably my Rimmel 111 again.  All my other reds are pretty dark/wine coloured which isn't as eye-catching in my opinion.

Best luxury & best drugstore?
I don't own any "luxury" brands and the closest one would be MAC's Cyber&Viva Glam2.  Best drugstore goes to any of the Maybelline Color Sensations!

Best MAC lipstick?
Cyber lol, though I currently only own two MAC lipsticks.

The most disappointing?
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 102.  It's such a surprise to me that I love 111 so much but 102 is a total let down!  Not only is the colour horrible on me, but the formula on this particular one is so bad!  It settles into lip lines and makes dead skin so visible.

Liner - yes or no?
Yes but no?  I know the importance of lip liner and I do use it when I'm wearing a bright red but I lack lip liners for every other colour so I don't use one as much as I'd like to.  I think I should just invest in one of those clear ones.

Best gloss?
None.  I hate gloss!

Something extra!


Here's my three vampy shades! Left to right: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania, Wet n Wild's Vamp It Up, MAC's Cyber.  If you're looking to get this colour, here's the differences.  The NYX one is the most matte but also the lightest of the three.  The Wet n Wild one is super dark and even more opaque than MAC's but it also goes on a little patchy on your lips.  MAC's Cyber is a satin finish and glides on really nicely but is the medium shade of the three.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST