♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Recent Purchases
Tuesday 7 April 2015 | 0 comments

Your girl has been busy these past days...  shopping.  These are my recent purchases within the last two months or so.  I really need to cut back on all the unnecessary things that I don't need and save up some cash.  I basically had a bunch of cash in my wallet because I was saving up to by a David's Tea travel mug but decided last minute against buying it because I figured I couldn't use it as much as I imagined I would (good choice made, btw).  Instead, I spent it on some items that I've been wanting to buy for a while now and I'm quite happy.

First thing is that I needed new sunglasses.  I buy sunglasses every year around Spring/Summer because I like getting the really cheap ones so I can always switch it up ever year if I end up getting bored of the current style.  Personally, I don't see a point in buying expensive sunglasses because these get broken and tossed around so often, it's just not worth it.

I went around the mall to different stores and tired out their sunglasses but decided on two pairs from Call It Spring.  They were having a 2 for $20 sale which suckered me in because of course I want two instead of one!  I tried a couple of pairs on and settled with these two.  I really like them because for once, they frame my face really well!  Even though they're pretty cheap, I find the quality of these trumps say, Forever21 sunglasses.  

The blue reflective aviators aren't flimsy like my previous ones from H&M.  They're small enough to fit my face and the nose grips are screwed in so they won't come loose (a previous problem I had with my older pair).

I can't find the other pair on their website, but these are the closest ones.  The pattern on them are just different.  I really like this pair because the side of them are a matte finish and it feels super smooth!  You wouldn't think this is anything special but they make the biggest difference when you slide them on your head because they go on really easily and they feel really nice against your ears.  As a person that wears glasses with a rubbery end, I can really tell the difference.  The only thing I want to note about this pair is that it came with a sticker that warns you not to look directly into the sun with these because they weren't made for that.  I can't imagine anyone that would be looking directly at the sun anyway...

I should mention that I also bought this necklace from Call It Spring.  They didn't have my sign in stores so they helped me order one and have it sent to my house.  I'm still waiting on it to come in the mail.  You know I can't pass up anything astrology!

The Beauty Blender wasn't something I was particularly planning to buy.  I've thought about it a couple of times and I definitely wanted it, but I wasn't ready to shed 30 some-off dollars (that's with Canadian tax and all) for a sponge!  Zack convinced me to pick something out in Sephora when he practically dangled $10 in my face, so I quickly ran over and picked up a Beauty Blender.  Thanks babe!  I'll do a separate review for this because I have some points I really want to talk about. 

I have two new lipsticks this month; Maybelline Vivid's Vibrant Mandarin and MAC's Viva Glam 2.  I was looking at the Vivid's line and I knew I wanted one but I wasn't sure which one.  Vibrant Mandarin was the only one that really caught my eye.  Ever since trying out Revlon's Rendezvous, I was determined to find an orange that actually suit my skin tone and thankfully Vibrant Mandarin does!  It's the perfect orange with a red undertone which is what helps me pull this colour off.
As for the Viva Glam 2- I went into MAC looking for a nude MLBB and specifically requested something on the purple-brown-taupe side...  Just nothing pink.  The worker suggested this one and I tried it out in store.  I loved it!  This is going to be my go-to every day nude.

There's only one shown here, but I picked up two belly button jewelry from Hot Topic.  The other one is a gold arrow.  I was a little iffy about buying their jewelry because I heard they're really cheap but the girl working there said she's been wearing hers for a long time and nothing has happened.  It's also made of surgical steel, so it should be okay...  I'll report back if anything changes.

Last but not least, I purchased a set of Sakura Pigma Brush pens.  I really want to get into watercolour painting so these pens are going to be perfect for doing line work.  I'm going to try and make it a goal to do at least 5 watercolour paintings this summer.  So far I've tested them out and they're really nice.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST