♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat Review
Friday 20 March 2015 | 0 comments
Hi cuties,

So I've had this top coat for a while now and I wanted to do a review for you guys in case any of you were planning on getting it.  It's the Sally Hansen Big Matte top coat.

There are plenty of brands that have come out with matte top coats over the years.  I wanted to get one for myself but I didn't want to shed the money for an expensive one if I was only going to use it occasionally.  Sally Hansen came out with a "Big" line which includes this matte one and a shiny one, I believe. 


The instructions tell you to shake gentle and apply 1 coat over your dry nail colour.  They top coat goes on pretty clear but you can start to see it turn matte just seconds after applying.  It's pretty cool to watch.  It also dries fairly quickly, which was nice to find out.


(Sorry for the gross chipping nail polish)  I tested it on my thumb so you can compare the difference between the regular shiny nail and the matte thumb nail.  The finish is indeed matte both to the touch and visually.  However, I found that after a day or two of wear, it starts to fade off and become less matte the longer you keep it on your nails.  It starts to wear off into a sort of satin-finish, and then finally you can start to see it completely gone in patches on your nails.  So I would not say this is a long-wearing top coat at all.

Rating: ★★★☆☆  3/5

Overall, I'd say this isn't the best matte top coat you can find.  It's a cheaper alternative to say an OPI or Essie matte top coat, but it's also lesser in quality and doesn't stay on the nail as well, I'd assume.  However, if you don't mind painting on a fresh coat every 2-3 days or so, then I'd say go for it.

Labels: , , , ,

NEWER
PAST