♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Snowvember
Friday 21 November 2014 | 0 comments
Hi there, cuties!

Long time no post.  Between balancing my projects and spending quality time with my boyfriend, I find myself show on blogging time.  My semester ends in about two weeks so I'll have plenty of time after that to focus on my blog!  Of course, I'm always active on social media so you know I'm not actually dead :)

So something exciting that happened last month was that I got to have Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend's family! It's my first time having an actual Thanksgiving with turkey and all that jazz.  I have to say, the food was amazingly delicious.  It was also my first time meeting the whole family.  They were all very nice and welcoming.



Zack ended up going to the Cirque du Soleil show and brought me back some goodies.  As someone who appreciates design and steampunk, I thoroughly enjoyed these.
 

There was also a guest speaker at school that did a whole 2 hour presentation about paper...  To be honest, I was falling asleep through the whole thing (that class is from 5-9pm, okay?!)  At least we got a bunch of freebees at the end.  The thing I was most excited about was the issue of Applied Arts.  I love this magazine but it's $15 a pop!  It's definitely not one that I can afford to buy every issue of so it's always exciting when I get a free copy.


 Katsu's birthday happened and my cousin had a small gathering.  The dress code was "all black everything". Clearly I forgot my black scarf.




Something makeup related- I was running low on eyeshadow primer so I went and bought my old friend Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Ah yes, a cult favourite.  I was using Too Faced Shadow Insurance before this for a very good while, and before that, I had the old version of UDPP (you know, the one in the potion bottle with the wand).  The reason I strayed away from UDPP was because upon the first week of using it, I developed an allergic reaction to it.  My eyelids got all red and swollen, and towards the end of the week, the skin started peeling.  I was pretty sure its the primer that was doing it but being the silly girl I am, I trucked on and continued to use it because hello, this stuff is pricey (even though Sephora has a pretty darn good return policy which I wasn't aware of back then).  So after a month of using it, I guess my eyes got use to it and I no longer got reactions.

After finishing that bottle, I attempted to try TFSI because those two are the top primers in the makeup world.  I liked it.  It did it's job and it's a little more oily than UDPP which didn't help or bother me.  Now that I've finished TFSI, I repurchased UDPP to see if I would go through the whole process again.  To my surprise, no reaction!  And I have to say, after using TFSI and UDPP, it seems to me like UDPP actually makes my eyeshadows slightly more vibrant.  I noticed it with my purple shadows when I applied it all over my lid.  Maybe that's just me but I'm very happy to be back with UDPP.  And can I just say, I'm soooooo glad they changed the packaging to a squeeze tube.


Here's my Halloween costume.  I was Alice three-four years ago and I thought I'd bring it back.  Although I do wish I had kept my blonde until Halloween was over just to complete the look.


Flower cosmetics finally came to Canada.  I picked up the stick foundation in a darker shade for a on-the-go contour and the cream shadow in Orchid-ing Around.  Both products are just okay.  I wish the stick foundation came in a more cool-toned shade, and I wish the cream shadow didn't sheer out so much.  The texture is so bizarre and not what I was expecting.  I wish both products were more long lasting, even with primer and powder.


Red cups are back at Starbucks!  It's so exciting, isn't it?  Winter drinks are back which means my favourite Peppermint Mocha is back (although I'm a rebel and have been ordering it before red cups came back).  Starbucks also came out with their new holiday collection of cups and tumblers and I must say that I'm liking the designs.  I really want to pick one up but I already have one that works just fine :\  Not sure if I can justify being a new one.



The Mabelline Matte lipsticks are finally making their way to Canadian shelves!  I've been checking the drugstores every single week and it looks like Walmart are the first to carry them.  We don't have a really large selection of colours so I'm waiting it out a little longer to see if they'll restock.


Other than that, I haven't been up to much.  It's mostly just school and spending time with my boyfriend.  I seem to disappear from social media when I'm around him because I put all my focus and attention on him :) 

Oh, and I'm working on two wishlists: a makeup one and a fashion one, so look out for those coming in a couple of days!



















Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST