♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate (111 Kiss of Life) Review
Tuesday 14 October 2014 | 0 comments
Hi cuties,

So, how are you?  Today I will be reviewing the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate in 111 Kiss of Life.  I've been wanting this lipstick for a very long time now and I've always debated about getting it every time it went on sale, so I finally caved and bought it! 



First, can we just talk about the packaging?  I've always adored the Rimmel Kate lipsticks because of their sleek and simple packaging.  Something about the simpleness of it makes it look so modern.  Especially with that slanted top.  This is something that I wouldn't mind sitting on my table top for display or in the background of a picture or something.  It's so pretty to look at.  Personally, I like the black version better, but unfortunately, the black ones aren't matte!



So, Kiss of Life is a bright red.  It leans more towards a blue-red.  It's definitely one of those colours that you put on your lips when you want to feel empowered and bold.  When I put this one, I feel like I could take on the world.  I definitely got more looks while wearing this, but that's because it's such a bright red.  It will catch anyone's eyes!

Although this is a marketed as a matte lipstick, I find that it is not completely matte at all.  There's a little bit of a sheen to it when you swatch it on your hand under some lighting.  It's more of a satin than a true matte.  With that being said, I also noticed that it's not as drying on the lips than I expected.  I have very dry lips but this held up pretty well throughout the day and I only had to reapply once after I ate a sandwich.  Of course, I conditioned my lips a couple of minutes before applying this.  To make this a true matte, and to increase the lasting power, I powdered over this with a tissue twice.  After doing so, it became a true matte red lipstick.  I don't mind this because I would've done it anyway to increase the lasting power.

The formula is pretty good because it doesn't seem to settle into or accentuate the cracks on the lips.  However, you might want to pair this with a lip liner to prevent feathering.  There's really no way around this problem with such a bright and bold colour such as this one.  I find that with any bold lip colour, lip liners are a must.

I love bold colours but one problem I have with them is that they tend to get everywhere when you're not careful.  Some might end up on your chin or magically appear on your nose halfway through the day.  When you powder over this once or twice, it locks the lipstick in place and I didn't have any problems with it transferring onto any other parts of my face.

Overall, I do enjoy this lipstick a lot and I'm tempted to try other colours from the same line.  I really love the packaging, but the one downfall is that it's not a complete matte formula.  Although, like I said, that's easily fixed with powder. 

Rating: ★★★★☆  4/5

Labels: , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST