♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


The Face Shop Face It Styling Auto Gel Liner (01 Edgy Black) Review
Tuesday 27 May 2014 | 0 comments
Hey cuties,

While buying my toner, The Face Shop was having a buy one get your second item 50% off, so I picked up this gel pencil liner because my eyeliner was running low.  At the time, I didn't really know anything about this product and I simply stumbled upon it when I was trying to look for a second item to buy.  I literally went around the whole store thinking "what else should I get?" because my original intention was to just go in there to buy my toner and get out, however, the sale suckered me in.  When I saw the eyeliner section, I instantly remembered that I needed a new one and so I saw this and thought I would give it a try.  This is The Face Shop's Face It Styling Auto Gel Liner in 01 Edgy Black.



Here's what it says on the back:
 A soft gel liner in a pencil! A super-easy-to-use pencil-type gel liner!
Directions: Dot along the last line as if filling in gaps between lashes.  Due to its soft & creamy texture, keep the lead short about 2mm to avoid any breakage when using.  To sharpen the eyeliner, twist up the built-in sharpener at the end of the pencil.  Use waterproof make-up remover to cleanse.


This liner is suppose to be a twist up type pencil, so you don't have to sharpen it if you don't want to.  It does, however, come with a built in sharpener at the end of the pencil.  You can simple pull it out of the bottom end and you'll find the sharpener hidden inside.  Sharpen it if you need a pointier end to create thin lines or a sharp wing.

Like the name suggests, it's a "gel liner" in pencil form, so you would expect the finish and quality of gel liners.  For me, I personally love gel liners as oppose to regular kohl or pencil liners (but liquid is still my #1 favourite).  I find that gel liners set nicely, won't smudge or budge, and just lasts very long on my lids.  Although, I also find it annoying that I have to use a brush with it and wash that brush every time I use it.  But guess what?  This liner's formula is just like a gel liner!  It's so wonderful.  I swatched it on my hand, let it set for a minute or two, then tried to smudge it with my finger.  No matter now hard I rubbed, it did NOT smudge.  Not one bit.  I would take a before and after picture but it would literally look the exact same, so that is pointless.  I would say if you are wearing this liner and you rubbed your eyes because you forgot you had makeup on (come on, that has happened to all of us once before), I would bet that your liner would be perfectly fine.  I haven't tested out that theory yet, but from the test on my hand, that looks like it would be a very plausible situation. 



The formula is very smooth, just like a gel liner.  This is great because it means that it will not tug on your eyelids when you are applying it.  On the left is one stroke, and on the right is several strokes.  You can see that even with one stroke, you get a very dark and pigmented colour.  Going over it again will leave you with an intense black.

Another claim that they make is that it is waterproof.  I rarely have problems with my liner smudging and running down my face, so to no surprise, this hasn't given me any problems either.  Maybe it's because of my eye shape, or due to the fact that my eyelids aren't oily and watery.  However, I did try to rub this liner off my hand under running water and it didn't even come off.  I had to use hand soap and even then, I found myself rubbing for quite a while before it started to come off.  So I would say, yes, this is quite waterproof.

This liner is being sold in The Face Shop stores for $12, but with my 50% off, I got it for $6.  I think even without the sale, it's a pretty decent price.  Compared to something like Urban Decay's liners, it's literally half the price, but still does a pretty damn good job.

One thing that I will mention is that if you use it to tight line your eyes, it may dry your eyes out a little bit.  I'm not sure if this is just because I tend to have dry eyes or what, but I've noticed that my upper waterline felt very dry after tight lining with this.  On my bottom waterline, it feels fine.  I would also like to mention that on the waterline, it will fade away in a couple of hours, as do most liners (even gel liners, I find)

Rating: ★★★★☆  4.5/5  (Don't laugh, they don't actually have a half star symbol so...)

I would have given this a 5/5 but I docked it half a point because of the fact that it did dry out my waterline.  I'm going to continue to use it and see if the problem persists.  Has anyone else had a problem with that?  I may just have really dry eyes.

Have this liner?  Tried it?  Love or hate it?  Tell me what you think in the comments!

Labels: , , , , , ,

NEWER
PAST