♔ babogongjuu

⚡ hyokii. 23


fb twitter tumblr instagram pinterest Follow on Bloglovin

+ Follow Home Profile Tags Bucket List Tagboard

Theme by Hanie.


Geo Princess Mimi Apple Green Bambi Circle Lens Review
Thursday 12 March 2015 | 0 comments
Here's a review that I totally forgot about, so here I am, writing this half a year later.  Every year, I purchase a pair of circle lenses for selfie purposes.  I use to wear circle lenses more often (during high school years) but I weaned myself off them after I started wearing regular contact lenses more daily.  Now I only wear circle lenses when I take selfies or when I know I'm only going out for a couple of hours.

I usually get my lenses from Pacific Mall here in Markham and I never had a problem with fake lenses or faulty ones.  This time, I decided I wanted to get the Princess Mini Bambi lenses because they are so popular, and I ordered my pair from Pinky Paradise. 

Before we get into the review of the lenses, let me tell you about my experience with Pinky Paradise. (No, I am not sponsored)  They're considered a pretty popular site for circle lenses and I thought they'd be more trustworthy so I went with them.  I placed my order and my lenses came in about 3 weeks which didn't bother me too much.  When I got them, I proceeded with the regular process to soak the lenses, this wasn't my first time dealing with circle lenses and I knew exactly what I was doing.  After soaking them over night, I tried them on the next day and noticed that my vision was blurry in one eye.  I need prescription to see, so I thought they may have gotten my prescription wrong.  I didn't realize what the problem was until I googled my problem and realized one of my lenses were faulty.  The lens was warped and not smooth like it should be.  I emailed them with picture proof of the faulty lens and they sent me a replacement as soon as they got back to me.  I received my one replacement lenses a couple weeks later so I was glad they did that for me.  I'm not sure how common faulty lenses are but this experience was kinda annoying.  I'm not sure how I feel about purchasing lenses online anymore.

 

As usual, the lenses came in two glass bottles with your prescription on the top of the bottles.



These are what they look like in natural lighting.  I like how there's a little bit of yellow in the inner portion to make the transition between brown eyes a little easier to green.  The lenses are 14.8mm which is slightly bigger than regular circle lenses.


Natural Lighting

Direct Natural Lighting

Size: The size is bigger than any of the past lenses I've worn.  I like the size but I'm not crazy for the size.  I'm not going to only buy 14.8mm lenses now, is that I'm trying to say.

Comfort: Despite getting a replacement lens, I find one lens to constantly feel a bit scratchy after a couple hours of wear.  This isn't a big problem anymore as I don't wear them for many hours but it's definitely a con.  I recently got yearly eye check and my eyes are completely find so I'm not afraid they're damaging my eyes.

Colour:  I'm a big lover of grey and green lenses and I adore the design on these lenses.  I especially love the touch of yellow in the inner design and the big black rim around the whole lens.


Rating: ★★★★☆  4/5

Overall I do like these lenses, but I just don't wear them as much as I use to anymore because one lens is just not very comfortable...  The design, size and colour are amazing.  Maybe I just got another faulty lens AGAIN.

NEWER
PAST